|IV Therapy Demystified: A Self-Teaching Guide|
|Availability:||Usually ships in 24 hours|
Date Published: 2008-01-10
Your solution to mastering I.V. therapy
Looking for a quick way to learn the ins-and-outs of I.V. therapy but find other books dripping with complexity? Here's your lifeline! I.V. Therapy Demystified infuses essential information with clear explanations to make learning easy.
Written by a nursing professor, this detailed guide covers fluids and electrolytes, I.V. therapy delivery systems, and peripheral and central I.V. therapy. You will learn about crystalloid and colloid solutions and blood component, parenteral nutrition, and pharmacological therapies. I.V. therapy in infants, children, and older adults is also covered. Filled with key terms to help you to remember important concepts, and complete with end-of-chapter quizzes to test your knowledge, this book will teach you the fundamentals of I.V. therapy in no time at all.
I.V. Therapy Demystified is your shortcut to mastering this essential nursing topic.
This fast and easy guide offers:
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
- An NCLEX-style quiz at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses
- Measurements labeled in SI units
- Indications for I.V. therapy and options for delivery
- A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam or at work