|The Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence, 6th Edition|
Author: Susan K. Grove, Nancy Burns
Date Published: 2008-10-30
Date Published: 2008-10-30
With frequent examples from the best of the research literature, this authoritative textprovides you with a comprehensive foundation for appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence for clinical practice. This new edition features an enhanced focus on research as the foundation for evidence-based practice, along with improved readability and more background coverage of qualitative research. This textbook prepares you to understand and apply research, and to go on to conduct original research.
- Includes all the information needed to help both beginning nurses and beginning nurse-researchers understand and applying research findings to practice and conducting research.
- Includes frequent research examples from the best of the literature, strengthened with high-quality examples from the latest published studies, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Provides the most in-depth coverage of quantitative research methods of any nursing research text on the market.
- Comprehensive EVOLVE teaching/learning package includes an Instructor's Resource Manual, an enriched Test Bank, a PowerPoint Collection, syllabi, Data Set Activities (qualitative and quantitative), and more.
- Enhanced emphasis on research appraisal and synthesis for evidence-based practice equips students not just to generate research evidence but also to appraise and synthesize existing evidence for application to practice.
- Carefully edited for a more student-friendly readability and active-voice writing style reduces barriers to learning the typically challenging research content.
- In order to focus the text on the more "need to know” content most important for the majority of students, more in-depth content on conceptual models for those planning to lead research studies has been moved from the book to the companion EVOLVE website.
- Fresh, new, full-color design provides a more "open” look that facilitates learning with Key Terms highlighted in color and color tabs for the Index and Glossary.
- Research examples have been updated throughout to reflect the most current research from the published literature, including excellent examples of qualitative studies.
- The coverage of qualitative research has been carefully revised to highlight examples of high-quality qualitative research and to present both qualitative and quantitative approaches as equally valuable.
- EVOLVE website provides examples of both qualitative and quantitative research proposals.
- Now focuses on the "how to's” of seeking research funding and provides a practical tool to help new researchers move from research proposal to funded research project.
- UNIQUE! Authoritative coverage provides students the opportunity to learn first-hand from the leaders in the field.
- UNIQUE! Separate chapter on the cost-driven field of outcomes research helps nurses to demonstrate that what they do results in positive healthcare outcomes.
- UNIQUE! Provides a separate chapter on the emerging field of intervention research, which establishes "causal explanations" for nursing interventions in response to the growing difficulty of performing true experimental research on human participants.