- Sequential Reads Up to 550 MB/s
- Sequential Writes Up to 465 MB/s
- Random 4k Read IOPS 90K IOPS
- Random 4k Write IOPS 85K IOPS
- Maximum IOPS 120K IOPS
- Up to 535 MB/s Sequential Reads
- Up to 95,000 Random Write IOPS
- Up to 120,000 Maximum IOPS
- Access Latency as Low as 0.02ms
- 3.5" SSD adapter for desktop
As the fourth generation of the legendary Vertex SSD family, the Vertex 4 Series pushes storage performance to the max and redefines the modern day computing experience. Vertex 4 SSDs are innovatively engineered to deliver industry-leading file transfer rates and superior system responsiveness, all while providing a more durable, reliable, and energy efficient storage solution compared to traditional hard drives.
256 GB Vertex 4 SATA III 2.5-Inch SSD
At a Glance
- Up to 560 MB/s sequential reads and 510 MB/s of sequential writes
- Up to 90,000 random read IOPS and 85,000 random write IOPS
- Up to 120,000 maximum IOPS
- Access latency as low as 0.02ms
- Strong performance at lower queue depths
- Compatible with Windows-, Mac- and Linux-based systems
- Backed by 5-year limited warranty
Designed to take full advantage of the SATA III interface, the Vertex 4 unleashes ultimate productivity, gaming, and multimedia applications. This model of the 2.5-inch Vertex 4 SSD (VTX4-25SAT3-256G) offers 256 GB of storage capacity, a 510 MB/s maximum sequential write speed, and 120,000 IOPS maximum I/O performance. It's backed by a 5-year limited warranty.Excelling in Performance, No Matter the File Type
Mirroring real-world performance scenarios over a broad spectrum of consumer desktop and mobile applications, Vertex 4 SSDs are designed to provide a superior user experience and extreme performance over the other current solutions available on the market.
With the cutting-edge Indilinx Everest 2 platform, Vertex 4 is optimized for consistently high speeds with the complete spectrum of file types and sizes including both compressible and incompressible data for balanced performance like no other drive you've experienced.
You'll get incredible performance in workstation and heavy-duty environments with multiple data threads and performance up to 120,000 IOPS (Input/Output Operations Per Second, pronounced eye-ops).
Better performance with "real world" data streams of varying "compressibility" as well as fully incompressible data such as videos and multimedia files, encrypted data, archive files such as .ZIP files, and software.
Its leading-edge, dual-ARM controller architecture enables faster performance like nothing else you've experienced.
Boot up in as little as 9 seconds, and industry-low latencies of .04 reads and .02 writes enable superior multitasking and flawless performance.
Advanced suite of NAND Flash management to increase durability and reliability to expand the NAND's lifespan.
Limited 5 year warranty backed by OCZ's renowned service (with toll-free tech support and 24-hour online forum support) for ultimate peace of mind.
Which OCZ Vertex 4 SSD is Right for You? VTX4-25SAT3-64GVTX4-25SAT3-128GVTX4-25SAT3-256GVTX-25SAT3-512GPerformanceCapacity64 GB128 GB256 GB512 GBSequential Reads460 MB/s560 MB/s560 MB/s560 MB/sSequential Writes220 MB/s430 MB/s510 MB/s510 MB/sRandom 4k Read IOPS70,000 IOPS90,000 IOPS90,000 IOPS95,000 IOPSRandom 4k Write IOPS50,000 IOPS85,000 IOPS85,000 IOPS85,000 IOPSMaximum IOPS85,000 IOPS120,000 IOPS120,000 IOPS120,000 IOPSPhysicalNAND Components2Xnm Synchronous Multi-Level Cell (MLC)InterfaceSATA III / 6 Gbps
(backwards compatible with SATA II / 3 Gbps)Form Factor2.5-inchNAND ControllerIndilinx Everest 2DRAM CacheUp to 1 GBDimensions99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mmWeight83gMore Specifications
and extreme performance (view larger).
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 2 million hours
- Data Path Protection: ECC corrects up to 128 random bits/1KB
- Data Encryption: 256-bit AES-compliant, ATA Security Mode Features
- Product Health Monitoring: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (SMART) Support
- Serial ATA (SATA): Fully compliant with Serial ATA International Organization (Serial ATA Revision 3.0) and ATA/ATAPI-8 Standard Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit /64-bit; Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit; Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit; Linux; Mac OS X
- Performance Optimization: TRIM (requires OS support), dynamic and static wear-leveling, background garbage collection, Indilinx nDurance 2.0 Technology to extend SSD lifespan
- Other Performance Features: Ndurance 2.0 Technology (reduced write amplification without compression, advanced multi-level ECC, adaptive NAND flash management)
- Service & Support: 5-year warranty, toll-free tech support, 24 hour forum support
Whether you're refreshing an older laptop or trying to maximize the potential of the latest platform, SSDs provide substantial benefits over traditional hard drives.
Solid State Drives feature a non-mechanical design of NAND flash mounted to circuit boards, shock resistant up to 1500g. Hard disk drives consist of various moving parts making them susceptible to shock and damage.Faster Performance
SSDs have 100 times greater throughput and instantaneous access times for quicker boot-ups, faster file transfers, and overall snappier performance than hard drives. HDDs can only access the data faster the closer it is from the read/ write heads, while all parts of the SSD can be accessed at once.Less Power Consumption, Silent Operation, and Lightweight
SSDs use significantly less wattage at peak load than hard disk drives--less than 2W versus 6W for an HDD--delivering longer battery life in notebooks, less power strain on system, and a cooler computing environment. With no moving parts, SSDs run virtually silent in your notebook or PC case to eliminate distracting noises during gaming or entertainment. And SSDs won't weigh down your laptop, netbook, or tablet PC when you're on the go.